Wood Floor in Kitchen!

We just finished the first coat of varnish in the kitchen! It was a little longer than we originally planned, but it was worth it…


We started demolition of the tile floor on Saturday morning, and due to Bob’s overbuilding skills we started sweating bullets faster than we could pull up tiles, or even tiny pieces of tiles. Once I figured out we could get behind the backer board, which was not thin-setted down, it went much faster and cleaner.
It took us four days to do the whole job. We’re using a low-VOC varnish to try to get the air breathable in a shorter amount of time, which is was right off the bat.
The second, and last coat will go on tomorrow.