Saturday we were again blessed with good weather, temperatures reaching the mid-fifties at least. We used this time to focus on the outside a bit.
First, my dad used the Kubota to backfill the drain pipe with gravel, which we then covered with the remaining tar paper from the roofing.
Meanwhile, Bob finished nailing ALL the nails in the joist hangers; some dozen nails or so for each of the six hangers.
Later, Bob and I moved to the inside to work on the subfloor while dad began backfilling the front of the house with our fill dirt.
Dad helped me to move our two most important cherry trees up onto palettes and under tarps so sometime next year I can work with them and add them to the interior of the house.
On Sunday, I got to the site early and covered the remaining drain pipe with tar paper, so we could continue back-filling.
When Bob got to the site, we moved inside and filled in the blocking and joists in the basement ceiling to site beneath the first to second floor stairs.
After we completed that task, we moved up to the second floor and glued and screwed the remaining 3/4″ plywood from our first floor subfloor.
Later on in the afternoon, I sumped the water out of the hole in which the propane tank is sitting, and continued back-filling where dad left off, and got the propane tank covered sufficiently.
Neil stopped by on his ride and we visited for a while.
Lastly, I cleaned up the site a bit and moved the remaining cherry trees onto pallettes, to keep them from rotting.